While your wedding day is one of the most significant and romantic occasions of your life, a personification of you and your fiancé’s love for one another, and the beginning to of your life together, it is also the biggest party you will ever throw.
On average, most women have the chance to do this right only once (and by right, we mean well-funded and probably with the best body you will ever have). Lots of little girls dream about all the princessy details, but this post is for the girl with a wild hair, or two, or three. Your day is about you – and if you were ever more of a Scout Finch than a Scarlett O’Hara, this is no day to hide it. Put some edge on your big day – here’s some suggestions.
1. Mix up the hors d’oeuvres – if you have a penchant for sushi and Jack Daniels, bring it through at the cocktail hour. Your guests will get their pork tenderloin cutlets with mandarin remoulade at someone else’s wedding.
2. Getting chilly or just want to bring your reception outfit up in cool points? Don’t be afraid to break out the leather jacket. Why shouldn’t your favorite wardrobe staple be a part of your big day?
3. Invite this guy and bring on the glowsticks. If you know your DJ is going to really bring the heat after all the “first dances,” you better equip your guests. They did come to celebrate, after all.
4. Puffing cigars on the big day is common among grooms and their groomsmen – but don’t let gender roles get you down! If you’re a classy lady who enjoys a good Cuban, make sure you give you and your maids some time to kick it like the boys. You’re married; you can do whatever you want!!
5. Break the rules. Get in the fountain, climb out the sunroof of the limo (or attempt to), and generally act young and in love. You don’t want someone upstaging you at your own party anyway.