Bridal Show season is here and Savannah is full of them. There's nothing worse than showing up unprepared or leaving without getting anything out of it. Wedding shows are your chance to meet the most vendors in one place at one time.
So here are some tips on how to get the most out of a bridal show:
1. Don't carry a purse: 99% of the time you are provided with a bag to carry around. You are going to be collecting so many giveaways, signing up for so much information or contests, and trying to get your hands on lots of goodies that extra baggage can become frustrating. Try to fit whatever you need in your pockets or ask your mom/friend/groom or who ever is with you to carry your wallet. Once you get your bag, you can always put it in there just make sure not to loose it!
2. Either get there early or just after registration. If you arrive right at the start time, chances are you're going to have to wait in a long line to sign in. If you get there early, you'll be one of the first in line. If you get there a little after the start time, the line will have had time to die down.
3. Go early in the wedding planning process. There are going to be a LOT of vendors there, including coordinators, florists, venues, bakers, caterers, and more. It's a great chance to see and compare multiple vendors at once without making multiple appointments and then you can narrow it down to your favorites.
4. Dress to change! Bridal shows are a great place to find bridal gowns on sale. If you are there to try on dresses, make sure you wear clothes that are easy to get in and out of. Most of the time the dressing rooms are portable. There can be long lines of brides that all want to try on gowns so they want to get you in and out as fast as possible. Being able to dress and undress fast allows you less time in the dressing room and more time in the dress! (A wrap dress is a great option for this, such as this one from J Crew.)
5. Speak to as many vendors as possible. You never know when you could change your mind on something. You may have thought you NEVER wanted a photobooth at your wedding, but once you stop and talk to them, it may open your eyes to new ideas.
6. Go hungry! Caterers will have samples for you to try and don't forget the wedding cake tastings! There will be so many samples to try, even from non-food vendors that you can almost eat a full meal while there!
7. Bring your checkbook! Vendors usually offer GREAT discounts for on the spot booking. What a great way to save money and book several vendors in one day.
Bonus: If you are in the Savannah area and looking to try out these tips, stop by Savannah Magazine's Bridal Show:
Behind the Veil
Sunday, February 21, 2010
1-5pm at The Jepson Center for the Arts.
Stop by our booth, and let us know if this blog helped! We are giving away amazing prizes and offering discounts to clients that book with us there. Mention this blog post and we will give you two entries to each one of our contests!
Enjoy it! This is your time as a bride and no one can take that away from you. Relax, smile, have fun and meet new people.